Monday, December 22, 2008

Don't throw me down, Clark. I'll try not to Aunt Bethany










We're all pressing forward around here. Keeping things as normal as possible for the kiddos. Presents are wrapped, shopping is done and I'm back to scrapping here and there. It helps to keep busy. Thank you so much for all the comments and the emails. They really touched my heart and I extended your prayers and well wishes to both Dawn and Lexi. They are so greatly appreciated. BIG HUGE HUGS.

This month was difficult scrapping wise, but I managed to get some simple layouts done for the ever awesome Label Tulip kit. It was jam packed with great graphic prints that made it very easy to scrap with. I stuck with a lot of color blocking and used the Heidi Swapp circles on almost every layout. Love those!


Sarah was in her first play last week with Lexi at their school. They were both angels in the 3 year old version of the Nativity. lol. It was too cute. Especially when Sarah picked her nose for two minutes! She's so shy so it was great that she got out there and sang her songs.

And I must take this opportunity to tell the world that Trey is no longer "ass of the year" and has now graduated to "cutest ass of the year". I kid I kid :P Without him, life would be unbearable. Thanks for all you do and I love you, baby :D (Yes, he reads this blog, but I would say it anyway:)

I'll be back tomorrow to post my Month in the Life minibook. It's my first one and I'm really happy I did it. One of my resolutions for 2009 is to stop stressing so much and to make scrapbooking more like fun and less like work. The Month in the Life mini album was the first project in months that I made for my family. When Trey saw it, he asked when I needed to mail/photograph/post it. When I said it was for us, his eyes lit up. "You made that for us?" he said. And that made me feel a pang of guilt. It made me realize I lost sight of what scrapbooking is really about. It's about my family's memories more than anything else. I think that will keep this hobby fresh and exciting for me in 2009.

Thanks again for all of your support, guys. Major hugs.
Quote of the Day: Christmas Vacation

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome layouts!! Beautiful kids!! I love that thery are in a play together!! Too Cute!!! I know this Christmas will be hard!! I will be thinking about you and your loved one!! Merry christmas!

H said...

These layouts are GORGEOUS!! All of them. Beautiful. I especially like colors of the second one.

Sasha Farina said...

beautiful works as always Alexis!

Birgit said...

amazing LO's!! Have a wonderful X-mas!!

bethchien said...

Hey girl! Merry Christmas to you, too!

That Resolve lo is killer! It is simply amazing! I really like all your latest pages, but the resolve one is my fave!

Hope you are having a merry week so far! :P
B