Wednesday, July 13, 2005

How to Convice Hubbie and Self it is ok to buy a new Camera

I want a digital camera that costs $500. Shit that sounds bad....
Follow instructions to feel better:

1. Make a list of all the reasons you can't have the large ticket item. (Mortgage Payment, Credit Card Debt, In laws may *Frown* after lending us moula to pay health insurance)
2. Crumple up list.
3. Set list of fire.
4. Make a list of all the reasons you need, no DESERVE the item. (I'm a good mom, we never splurge on ourselves with entertainment - no vacations in a year, no going out to dinner, two movies in a year, etc., I'm going to take pictures of my family with it so I'm really preserving memories...come on now...what better reason is there) IMPORTANT: Be sure to write words and immediately smudge them with finger. Wash finger thoroughly after list is completed to cover all evidence of smudging.
5. Take a picture of list with crappy camera we have now. Print out pic and show to hubbie while saying "Do you want your daughter's first steps to be recorded by a camera that can't even capture my lame ass handwriting"....Be sure to be wearing your "tartiest" outfit....
6. Make hubbie think all was his idea....lead him to the camera you want, offer to pay half with "teaching Presents" money....
7. Hug hubbie for coming up with such a wonderful idea....and all is right with the world again...

I'm buying that damn camera tomorrow....mark my words...it's all mine....

No comments: