Friday, April 6, 2007

Busy Little Beaver




I've been mia lately. Just working on layouts and hanging out with the family. Longing for more Spring weather as I watch the snowflakes fall from the dim grey sky. I love being outside in the fresh air. Fresh air would do our whole little family a lot of good right now.

We have a bird's nest in our bedroom window. It is the most wonderful experience to wake up to thier little chirping and fluttering. Sarah tries to look for the "bawdies" but they are well hidden behind the air conditioner. We can only imagine how adorable they are. We end up coloring cute pictures of birds and making tweeting sounds while we listen to them :)

I finally did this RAW layout that I've been wanting to do before my 30th birthday. I took some self portraits with...gasp....no makeup...and no photoshop touchups....double gasp. I wanted to document what I looked like "in the raw" while I was still in my twenties. It took some bravery to complete it but I am happy to have it in my album now. Hopefully, I'll look back on it when I am older and be grateful that I captured the way I looked during the majority of my days as a young mom.

The rest of these layouts were just for me and just for fun. I used the awesome Poppy Ink kit and was inspired by the ad challenge at 2peas for the piano layout. It felt so refreshing to scrap for ME :)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Love your 'raw' layout.. the way your had the photos and the journaling and all the little details. And of course you ROCK the Urban Lily!

Vee said...

love everything!!
that is the best type of scrapping, totally for you
you look beautiful in your RAW lo. :)
so phresh!!
love the poppy ink lo, doesn't that kit rock, i just get the addons and love it :)
don't know what is up with the weather!
I want spring back :)

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kerry McKibbins said...

That Raw layout is terrific

stephanie howell said...

alexis...i love all of those layouts. but i have to tell you the raw one is my favorite. i'm turning 30 this summer and i think that is such a wonderful idea. thank you so very much for sharing that!

Sandi Minchuk said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Ali- I'd love to have you come check out the site. We'll be having a guest deisgner contest soon and I'd love to see what you can do with one of our kits!
((hugs))
Sandi