Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Best of 2008 According to Me - Part One

So here are my favorite things of 2008! A little bit of everything from my crazy world to yours :D ENJOY!!

Best Debut Album and all around hottie: David Cook, hands down.

Favorite Purchase of the Year: Finally, the home of my dreams :D

Favorite Etsy Artist of 2008: Lisa Evans

Fragrance that Makes Me Feel LIke I'm a Hottie again: Deisel Fuel For Life

Fav Makeup (Never have I gotten so many compliments on my skin!): bareMinerals

Favorite Mac Function: Making Your Mac Say Anything You Want, lol. And I mean anything. Open Terminal and type- say hello. Type say and anything else you like. You can chance voices and add a key stroke so you can highlight bascially any text and have your mac speak it back to you in System Preference>Speech. Tons of fun to annoy people around you ;)


Best TV Character: Lafayette from True Blood. Oh my effing hell.. LOVE.


Most Awesome Search Engine: Search Me. Forget list view. This search engine lets you flip through each website. A must for any mac lover. It's got the ease of Itunes album view for the Web.

Coolest Site for Checking out Children's Books on the Web: Lookybook


Favorite Gizmo of the Year: Itouch and all my new apps.

Favorite Itouch Apps: Grocery IQ, Word Up!, TwitterFon, KidsCards, Labrynth


Clothing Store with the best fashions this year: Anthropologie. Amazing fabrics and classic design with a touch of the vintage kitch I crave.


Most awesome piece of furniture I'm not allowed to own: Mackenzie Child's tree bed.

Best Meltdown and Comeback: Britney Spears. The girl has a ways to go still, but talk about a round trip to hell and back. Here's hoping she working on her mental health as much as she is her body. Because damn, she looks GOOD!


Best Foreign Film: Let the Right One In. If you love coming-of-age flicks, this one's got an awesome bite ;)

Favorite Hair Product: Fekkai Salon Glaze Clear Shine Rinse. Makes my hair like silk. No grease. And I barely need to flat iron...I KNOW!!

Best Kid's Toy: Leapfrog Tag Reading System
Most Enthralling, Addicting Books...pretty much EVER: Twilight Series

Best Mindless TV Show: Tie - Rachel Zoe Project/True Blood/Intervention

Favorite Scrapbook Tool: Basic Grey Magnetic Mat. I can not scrap without it. I no longer fear leaving a layout out overnight that hasn't been glued down. It even stands up to Sarah and Dixie :)
Favorite Movie of the Year: Iron Man. I could stare at Robert Downey Jr. in a body suit allll day loooong.


Favorite Fashion Trend: The Summer Scarf. Which I wore all year!

Part Two is on its way!!

9 comments:

Anabelle said...

What a fun post! I love Bare Minerals and Robert Downey Jr., too!!!

Breanne Crawford said...

love the list! esp the david. yum.

mom2christopher said...

What a fun list! What is it about the Twilight series that's so darned irresistable?!?! I just finished the four books and there were some nights I stayed up well past midnight because I couldn't put the book down! Now that I'm done...I'm sad and I want more, so I started from book one again! :) Kathy

Tracy said...

Fun list - Happy New Year!

Char said...

You tastes are very similar to mine....I have everything MAC makes...yes I know....a bizillion dollars!!! and I love david cook, twilioght series etc....Just finished the last book yesterday :-(. do you know if there will be more?

Staci said...

Love reading your favs! I'm so with you about lafeyette - he is an awesome character and True Blood is my new favorite show... can't wait for it to come back on!!

metrochic said...

you HAVE to tell me more about the hair stuffs. i am dying for new products that let me leave the house without putting it in a lunch lady bun. eww. love the list. can't wait for the rest!

Sasha said...

I think I might have to order bare minerals, I never ever wear make that has to be coated on my skin, LOL .. I only only do my eyes if that , and that is only out of uniform, so girl I think I might have to try the bare minerals now .. lol ..

love love the post and i have to agree with 99% of it hee hee

aiya said...

Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft word
Office 2007
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 key
Office 2007 download
Office 2007 Professional
Outlook 2010
Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook 2010
Windows 7